Monday, January 17, 2011

Another first for Coleman...

I'm sure it will be the first of many, but today Coleman fell off my bed and landed right on his forehead.
And it was terrible.
He cried and screamed and whimpered for at least 20 minutes without letting me touch it or put ice on it until I was inspired to give him a bath to calm him down.
Now he has a bump and a bruise to prove it really happened and I'm sure he has a little baby headache, but I can't be sure.
The crazy thing is that I was standing two feet away and turned for just a second to fold a pair of pants. Wow!
I have officially been reminded to always put him in a safe place or watch him completely and I'm grateful that the reminder came in the form of a small bump on the head instead of something much worse. Like a burn, broken bone, stitches, choking, or something else horrible you can think of.
You can never be too careful. Ever.

Hope your morning was better than mine!

3 comments:

Hailey said...

Oh Brittney, that same thing happened to Kiley right before Christmas. I was crying she was crying. It was possibly the worst day of my life. I'm glad Coleman is ok and I hope you are too. It's nice to know I'm not the only mom who has had that happen!

Lucy said...

That happened to Lo once, or twice... Children really are resilient, and I think the bumps and bruises are a reminder for us to never underestimate our Littles!

Kristina said...

Brittney, if he is anything like Holden this is the first of many tumbles!