Friday, August 13, 2010

Summer lovin'

I love summer
and I especially love those summer nights
when the air is cool and the sky is clear.
Tonight, Coleman was very sleepy by 9:30, so I fed him and put him to bed early.
When I was done, I found David playing guitar on our front porch.
Mmmm, not only do I love it when he plays guitar,
but what a perfect way to enjoy a cool summer night
so I left the pile of clean laundry and the heap of dishes in the sink to join him.
We eventually moved to our porch swing,
that's in the grass because we don't have a porch,
and just sat
and swung
as he played the sounds of Eric Clapton, Saves the Day
and Dashboard Confessional.
What an amazing night, sitting under the stars,
listening to the soft sounds of the guitar and singing along as we swung.
I hope he always plays guitar for me
and I hope we always take the time to sit and swing
and enjoy the summer nights.
I love that man.

3 comments:

Lucy said...

Beautiful Britt! What a beautifully blessed life!

Brooke Wilkins said...

i honestly got a little misty reading that. what a wonderful way to spend life. You are living a dream and I love that! Love you Britt!

Andrea said...

haha...i love that 9:30 is putting him to bed early... :) that would be a good HOUR after Brooklyn's bedtime...
amen to the rest of your post...can't wait to have a porch...