Sunday, January 24, 2010

Take that - Moby Wrap!!


A few months ago I was perusing the internet for baby wraps because I had heard that they were a great investment and I fell in love with the Moby Wrap. I told David that a Moby Wrap is the only thing I wanted for Christmas because they are seriously so cool! I also told my friend, Traci, about it and she said she had made one for her son out of fabric she bought at JoAnns. This was great news to me, since the Moby Wraps are $40 dollars and although I didn't mind buying one, I liked the idea of designing exactly what I wanted for $5 much better! We split the fabric and made these wraps and I LOVE how it turned out!!! Thanks Traci, you rock!! And Yes, that is a sack of potatoes that I put in the wrap to get a feel for what a baby will be like. David's idea, of course, but I hope Lucy won't weigh ten pounds. :)

The more we read about soothing babies in all our wonderful baby books, the more I feel like a wrap aligns with nurturing infants and there are SO many ways to tie the wrap for their different ages and preferred ways of being held. It's crazy how smart all those indigenous women are, they've got parenting down!

7 comments:

Lucy said...

We got a Moby Wrap for Lola and I still use it to this day! Trust me, if Lucy doesnt weigh close to 10 lbs at first, she will quickly get there. Lola is well over 21 lbs now and i still use it because she loves it, i can do things around the house without my hands being occupied by her big body and it adds a little extra weight when i go on my morning walks!

Traci said...

It looks like yours looks way better then mine...

I am so glad that you like it...

Matt and Mel Odell said...

It is way cute. Teach me!

Lindsay said...

My sister just gave me a baby wrap this weekend! Crazy, considering I am not pregnant! hahahha Congrats

Ashley Slaten said...

I'm so jealous you got to design yours! It turned out so cute. I used one with Zoe and it is always my #1 reccommendation for baby gear (aside from a good stroller). It was way more sturdy than a sling n I liked it better than my baby bjorn. You're going to be so glad you have one!

Becca said...

Hey Brittany! That is too neat!!! You have to post one on how you made it. Id really like to give it a try.

Brittany Noelle Scott said...

It is so easy to make, just buy 6 yards of fabric - more tight than stretchy so you wont have to keep re-tying it - and cut it long ways so you have two, six yards long pieces. That's it! I also sewed the cut edge so it wouldn't unravel, but depending on the fabric, you might not have to do this. I also only found 4 1/2 yards of blue, so I sewed the other fabric on either side and a square in the middle for decoration. You can find tying instructions on the Moby Wrap website. Good luck!