Sunday, January 24, 2010

Guess who joined the NRA...

For the past year, I have really taken to the idea of getting a gun. Before you say anything, just listen to my reasoning:

1. Because other lunatics are allowed to carry guns, I feel the need to have to protect myself.
2. I don't want to kill anyone, I just want to immobilize them from hurting me or our family.
3. I would only have a gun if I practiced regularly and felt confident and controlled using it, that way it wouldn't be taken from me and used against me.
4. David said I'd have to take a gun safety course and possibly get our concealed weapons permits first.

So, over Christmas I convinced my dad to take me shooting and Coco, Sky and Amber were so excited about it that they came as well. It turned out to be a blast and where it may have been scary to hold at first, I think a gun might actually be a good thing. Thanks Dad!

A little teaching from Dad...
Me, Amby and Coco...such great times!
The 22 revolver handgun was SO LOUD that Amby had to plug my ears, thanks Amb! Hopefully Lucy didn't notice the racket :)

No comments: