Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Do we have a green thumb or what?!




I never thought I was good at gardening
and really never thought it could be
FUN
but David and I have sure had good luck with our garden this year
and I can't wait to plant MORE next year!
I think we owe it to the fertilized dirt we filled the truck with
and dumped in our garden area this year.
Either way, our tomatoes...totally taking over and almost growing into the house!
But don't you worry, the bell pepper plant that the tomatoes
have smothered, has now grown out sideways and found some light and is growing up again.
Somehow it survived and is thriving...fertilizer, that's all I gotta say!
I think tonight I'll make roasted tomato basil soup,
fresh from my garden...jealous? Well if you're in the area, then
stop by for a tomato or two..we have plenty to share!
Also growing wonderfully at the Scott's - honeydew melon, zucchini, basil, and bell pepper. :)

No comments: