Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Some people may think I'm crazy....

Today was an EARLY morning! I woke up at 5:40 am (nobody should ever be awake at that awful hour) and went to the Health and Justice building to stand in line for my swine flu shot. Yeah, that's right, I somehow got out of bed in the dark and the cold and waited for 3 hours to be poked with a needle. The needle part actually wasn't so bad in reality, but the anticipation could have killed me. I went with a couple of friends and luckily we got there so early because we were in the first hundred people to show up, but the line continued far behind us and I would estimate that about 1500 people showed up! Fortunately we made it early because just as I drove in to work right after it began to snow!
The groupMe and Traci just waiting in line...
This is the line ahead of us and the photo below is a small portion of the line behind us. The rest of it wrapped around in the parking structure a few times, but you can't really tell because the bottom pic is so dark.As soon as I walked in the room where the shots were being administered, all I could hear was small children crying. The slightly older kids knew what to expect and were crying out of fear and the younger ones who were naively happy only moments before were crying because they had been tricked! I am officially protected against H1N1 and it seems to be a pretty big deal here in Utah county, especially for those in the high risk category and since I'm 24, I fall into that. Apparently 1000 people have died of Swine Flu in the U.S. and it's supposed to rage out of control this winter, but I doubt it. Either way, better safe then sorry.

5 comments:

Who That Be That Is said...

hahaha I think it is so funny you took pictures!! That is great! Those are the moments you want to remember. Something to tell your kids about "you lived through the swine flu."
-Lindsay Koelling

Traci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Traci said...

It was FREEZING!

Michaela said...

So you're in the high risk group? Did I miss a post? I'm supposed to go tomorrow for my shot. I hope I don't have to go that early! I better check into it though. Oh, and I love your ghost pictures!! :)

Lucy said...

only you would take your camera with you to get your shot....dork!