Sunday, October 18, 2009

Back in the saddle

I find myself painting again and loving it. My landlord has been trying to get me to do a painting of Mount Timp for the past two years and began jokingly threatening to kick us out if I didn't do the painting, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I think it turned out okay, what about you?

In other news, I took on the massive challenge of painting a family portrait for David's brother Jon (did I mention that the painting is 2 feet by 3 feet, yeah...it's huge!). We drove out to Colorado a few weeks ago to take their family photos so I could have good pictures to work from and although it was extremely intimidating, yesterday I had at it and got a pretty good start on the painting. The best part about it is that I spent the big bucks for the nicest linen canvas possible, so it's like painting on silk! It's been like eating dessert all weekend long!

At this rate maybe next summer we really will buy a boat. Anyone interested in buying or commissioning a painting, let me know!

1 comment:

The Francis' said...

Wow, those are amazing... I'm impressed. We are getting a house soon and will need some paintings... We'll keep you in mind :)