Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fulfill a 5 year dream. Check.



I Splash 'N Dash'd a few weeks ago at BYU and I LOVED.EVERY.SINGLE.MINUTE! Ever since David's mission, I found out about BYU's Splash 'N Dash Biathalon and I would dream about doing the running portion, while David did the swim and we would win the team race. Then he came home from his mission and I had a torn ACL and it took two years to recover and then I had another surgery to repair it and then last year I was pregnant with Coleman. So now, five years later here I was out of shape trying to work out with a stroller debating on whether or not we should really do it, but we did and it was worth every minute. I don't know what my time was and I probably didn't do so great, but the fact is...I DID IT! I finally fulfilled a dream of mine and did something I've always wanted to do and it felt great! I did the whole thing - the swim and run and I smiled the whole time. If possible, that will definitely be a regular thing for me, but knowing my luck it may be another five years before I'll be able to do it again. Coleman just loved the free bagels and oranges they handed out to the runners at the end. :)

1 comment:

Alyssa/Jo said...

Can you really split the splash n' dash? That would be perfect for us - Shane swims and I run! Lets do this next year!!

My hat is off to you for doing both events...swimming is certainly not a favorite of mine!