Sunday, June 12, 2011

I love summer

For Mother's Day, David got me a cookbook. Not just any cookbook, but a really really good one that has me obsessed with trying new meals and making dinners again and it has been so.much.fun! Tonight, we had BBQ pizza, not to be confused with BBQ Chicken pizza. We actually BBQ'd the pizza outside on our grill and it was AMAZING! It only took 6 or 7 min. on the grill and I just don't see how we could go back to making pizza in the oven. As we sat down enjoying our spoils, we realized that everything we were eating was fresh from scratch - the dough, the sauce, the veggies, and the basil was even freshly picked from our garden! One more reason I LOVE THE SUMMER...we get to eat fresh from our garden from July-Oct and it is unlike anything else!

If you're planning on attending Coleman's Birthday party, then get excited because we're planning to make these again for the party! Soooooo Good!

2 comments:

Shaylen said...

Looks delicious! :D I agree I love summer too!

Matt and Melody Odell said...

that looks yummy. I love that it all came from your garden!